Thursday, October 24, 2013

Day 24: "Nora Belle's Drop Cakes"

When I got married, my grandmother gave me some old family cookie recipes.  I never tried them because they're too vague, but I like to think of these ladies baking in their old wood stoves, and everyone gathering around to eat a freshly-baked treat.

Here's what the recipe card says, typed on my grandmother's manual typewriter:

DROP CAKES - Nora Belle Kernahan Turner's recipe, probably gotten from a friend - or Aunt Gayle

1 tb. butter
1 tb. lard
1 egg
1/2 c. milk
2 t. baking powder (It woul be 1 t. now, I suppose.)
Flavor to taste.

Enough flour to make thin batter.  Bake in quick oven.



1 comment:

  1. I think this looks like a great setup shot! There a few more shadows than you may like, but I reckon on the whole it is a fabulous recipe book shot! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete