Saturday, October 12, 2013

Day 12: "Preening"

I took a zillion shots of runners and water buffalo today, but decided to go with this shot of an ostrich preening.  More photos below. 


....and an alternate.  This ostrich was really interested in what I was doing.


Now I'm on a roll.  Here's a water buffalo foaming at the mouth.  He was pretty far away, so I had to go with full zoom and crop like crazy.  He was very suspicious of me.


Okay, folks, this is the last one.  My primary purpose today was volunteering at a race.  I found that it's really, really hard to photograph runners!  (No, I don't know them....)  I love the attentiveness of the spectators.  ;)


4 comments:

  1. Love the ostrich shots, especially the one with the lovely big sharp eyes.

    I am still confused as to how, at a running event, you managed to find an ostrich and a buffalo. What kind of even WAS it??!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :)
      http://www.rtswoolaroc8k.com/
      http://www.woolaroc.org/

      The race goes right through the wildlife park. I wanted to shoot a bison, but didn't see any today. They must have had them herded to some other part of the park to keep them away from the runners.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing all these shots! The expression of the ostrich in the alternate photo is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just adore the big eyed ostrich! So excellent!

    ReplyDelete