Saturday, October 26, 2013

Day 26: "A Starry, Cloudy Night in the Neighborhood"

I tried again to capture the stars, but it was just too cloudy and bright out.  I needed to pack up and go out in the country, but I find it creepy to be out there by myself, so my neighborhood will have to do.  I was trying to get the right exposure, but it came out way overexposed.  I'm still amazed that it can come out looking like the brightest daylight when I can barely see where I'm walking and or where I was aiming the camera.  My old camera could not do that.  This was taken close to midnight, after all!  I'm also amazed at how many stars I could pick up on such a cloudy night.  I'm going to have to try this again when it's clear. 

So... not the most exciting composition, but it was good night practice.


1 comment:

  1. I think it's a great representation of your neighbourhood, and yes, a long exposure can yield pretty bright results, even when it seems very dark. Well done!

    ReplyDelete